Education In Canada

About Dalhouse University About Sant Mary's University About Nova Scotia State Study in CANADA Study in malaysia Study in other country Syllabi


Education In Canada

(Bachelor’s Degrees, Diplomas, Certificates)

While responsibility for education falls under provincial jurisdiction, Canada’s overall education system has consistently high standards across the country. Canadian support a system of affordable education that is accountable to Canadians and contributed to maintaining Canada’s high standard of living and quality of life. Universities, community colleges and university-colleges receive funding from various sources, such as the government, alumni, tuition fees, research grants, contract fees, etc. Canada also has private institutes that provide educational opportunities and operate without government funding.

The majority of post-secondary educational institutes in Canada offer studies in English. These institutes are located in all provinces in Canada. The majority of French language institutes are found in Quebec with a few in other provinces. There are also a few bilingual institutions.

Canada’s universities are internationally recognized for the quality of their teaching and research. They are of a consistently high quality, regardless of the location, the size of the institution or the area of study. Canadian government-funded universities are members of the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada (AUCC)

Canadian universities offer 3- or – 4 year Bachelor (undergraduate) degrees and graduate degrees at the Master’s and Ph.D. levels. A 4-year degree with a 3.0 Grade Point Average (GPA 75%) is usually required to continue to graduate studies. A 4-year degree is often called an Honours degree. In this case, Honours does not mean high grades. In the fourth year, specialty topics are usually covered preparing a student for graduate studies.

The academic year is September to April with two 4-month semesters. In addition, some universities offer 2-month spring and 2-month summer semesters or a 4-month summer semester. While September is the typical start date, some programs at some universities allow for a January and occasionally a May start. A transfer student may have more opportunity to start in January or May.

Students typically take 5 courses per semester. Each course provides for 3 hours of classroom study per week. However, some programs, particularly in engineering and science, require lab work in addition to classroom study. There is also a significant amount of independent study required in university programs. Most courses are counted as 3 credits. Some courses run 2 semesters, which count as 6 credits. One semester (usually 5 subjects) will total 15 credits; 2 semesters are 30 credits, and 4-years are 120 credits. All engineering programs and most business or science programs are 4-year programs. Many programs have a number of core subjects and a variety of electives available during the degree (electives are your choice of subjects often selected from different fields of study). Some programs such as engineering have fewer electives available.

Many universities offer co-operative (co-op) programs, which provide you with work experience in a company or organization before you graduate. Work terms usually start after the first or second year. Some co-op programs are only available for Canadians. Be sure to investigate this carefully. You are generally paid for the work terms but usually only a modest amount.

Transfer between universities (Canadian or international) is assessed on a subject-by-subject, credit-by-credit basis. See “Admission Requirements” for more information about transfers.

Community Colleges
Community colleges respond to the training needs of Canadian industry, the public sector, and the educational needs for vocationally oriented secondary school graduates and adults. Community colleges offer certificates and diplomas in 1, 2, or 3 year programs. Many programs offer industry certification. The community colleges in Canada belong to the Association of Community Colleges of Canada (ACCC) Some community colleges are also offering bachelor’s degrees or applied bachelor’s degrees. University standards must be met when colleges offer a degree program.

The academic year is September to May with two 4-month semesters. Some programs at some institutions offer a summer semester. The normal entry date to a program is September but some programs at some colleges permit a January or May start.

The number of courses required in each semester varies by program and by institution but programs usually have required subjects rather than allowing for elective choices. There are usually more classroom hours required in college programs compared to university programs. Independent study is also required for most programs.

Some community colleges also offer co-operative (co-op) programs that give you the advantage of work experience in a company or organization before you graduate. Work terms typically begin after the first or second year. Some co-op programs are only available for Canadians.

Some colleges have transfer agreements with specified universities in particular programs. If you wish to continue your studies at a university, it is important to check the route for progression before you start.

Many students complete an undergraduate degree at a university and then attend a college program to get industry specific training. Some community colleges offer graduate diploma programs requiring an undergraduate degree or a first diploma for admission.

University-colleges are a combination of an undergraduate university and a community college of applied learning. A university-college allows the student to enter either a degree program or a diploma program. Some diploma programs upon completion allow the student to move directly into the third year of a degree program provided the student has sufficient grades. A University-college can also offer certificate and vocational programs. University-Colleges do not usually offer graduate degrees. The University-Colleges may belong to either the AUCC or ACCC or both.

Private career colleges and training institutions

Private colleges (called “career colleges”) and private training institutions are licensed to operate in Canada and receive no government funding. Many career colleges and private training institutes have been operating for numerous years and have high standards that are readily accepted by Canadian employers. Some institutes are run by the industries themselves or have a close association to a specific industry or career field. Many career colleges and training institutes offer industry certification programs in fields such as oil and gas and information technology. Some programs are only offered through private career colleges (beautician, hairdressing, etc.).

Some of these institutions have their own accrediting body, such as the National Association of Career Colleges.

It is recommended that you check the credentials of career colleges or private training institutes (i.e. how long they have been operating, if they have any accreditation, references, etc.).

WHEN SHOULD I START? Early Planning…
Your career path starts at the beginning of secondary school when you make you make your subject choices. Make sure that you select subjects that meet your eventual goals or leave you with options.

Applications to Canadian universities are made starting in January during the last year of secondary school studies. Final grades are not required at the time of application. Mid-term grades are sent when available, and final grades are often sent after admission to a post-secondary institution has been granted. Assessment of admission is often based on Grade 9, 10 and 11 grades and the mid-term report of Grade 12. Final grades should be provided as soon as possible. In many cases, you will be conditionally accepted subject to receipt of your final marks.

Prior to entering Grade 12, you should consider preparing a short list of institutions.

When you start your studies in Grade 12 or in your final year of secondary school, you can do the final research to get the most recent information available. By the end of December in your final year, you should have your application forms completed and ready to send before the application deadlines.

WHAT SHOULD I STUDY? Choosing a career…
If you would like to take an interest quiz and investigate some Canadian careers, check out the following web sites:

If you are not clear on what you wish to study, you may wish to go to a large or medium sized institution where many programs are available. An academic advisor will help you choose your courses to provide flexibility for change. It is easier to change programs within a university or college than to change institutions.

You may wish to take a General Arts or a General Science program, which will allow you to choose a number of different subjects and select a major in the second year.

University or college programs will expose you to many more ideas and career options than you know now. Many students change programs after the first year.

If you are not sure you have high enough grades to get into a university you may wish to apply to a college as well. If you do well, you can go on to university from some programs, or you can get a diploma which will give you applied learning for a specific industry or job.

Canadian universities and community colleges are competitive and have high standards for both Canadian and International students alike and generally accept only those students who have good grades. Some programs have a limited number of places available, which makes the entry-level grades and requirements higher. Some programs (listed below) require some university before entry and are very competitive for admission. Generally, for an undergraduate degree, you are required to meet the language requirements, the academic requirements and the subject requirements as outlined below. The minimum level of entry depends on the pool of applicants in any year. You must apply to find out if you meet the minimum level in that year.

Once you have chosen the institutions you wish to attend, you should check their web sites for specific requirements.

Below is a general outline of what you might expect.

Language requirements

For institutes that teach in the English language:

TOEFL 550 (213) or 580 (237) or IELTS 6.0 to 7.0

Some institutions will accept good students without TOEFL and will provide ESL prior to program studies. Most institutions offer English language and academic preparation prior to entering a program.

For non-GCC citizens, it is advisable to have a conditional acceptance to a program whereby you will show the visa officer you have sufficient grades, evidence that you are continuing your studies and finances to support your further studies. Not all universities will provide a conditional acceptance. The very large institutions are less likely to do so.

For institutes which teach in the French language
No testing is required prior to arriving in Canada.

Academic requirements

Most universities and community colleges request grades from the last 3 years of secondary school. Mid-term grades and final grades are submitted when available plus a copy of your Secondary School Diploma.
US curriculum schools
SAT I – 1000 or 1100 or 1200 scores
SAT II results in subjects required by the program. Some do not require SAT II.
Some institutions provide credits in some programs for AP level subjects.

International Baccalaureate
Some institutions provide credits in some programs for IB level subjects.

UK curriculum schools
5 IGCSE “O” levels and 3 “A” levels with A levels in subjects required by program
Some universities will accept 1 or 2 “A” levels.
Two “AS” level subjects may be substituted for an “A” level requirement.
Some colleges will accept good IGCSE “O” level results but a Secondary School diploma (after 12 years of studies) is usually required.
After IGCSE “O” levels, completion of secondary school in one year is available in Canada.

French Baccalaureate
Baccalaureat/Baccalauret General/Diploma de Bachelier de I’Enseignement due Second Degre/Option International due Baccalaureat – previous grades and predicted results accepted

Indian, Pakistani, Iranian schools – 12 years of study
Secondary School Diploma (10+2) by Certified Boards
Some universities require a year of university studies after Grade 11 in the Iranian or Pakistani systems and some do not.

From Gulf local curriculum schools
Secondary School Diploma with above average results for university entrance and usually average results for college entrance

Private schools with local or unaccredited curriculum
SAT I is recommended
SAT II is recommended in subjects required by program

Subject requirements for universities and some colleges

For Bachelor of Arts in humanities or Social Sciences
No specific subject requirements.

For university Engineering programs
Engineering programs require Mathematics (Calculus and Algebra and Geometry), physics, Chemistry and English. All Canadian university engineering programs are accredited by professional bodies in both Canada and the United States.

For Science Programs – 4 year programs (including Computer Science)
Science programs require Mathematics and two of physics, Chemistry of Biology

For Business Administration (BBA) or Commerce programs (BCom) – 4-year programs
BBA or BCom programs require Math (Calculus) and English. Students without math may consider a per-university year, Bachelor of Arts in Business or Economics.

For Bachelor of Fine Arts
Portfolio of artwork is often required.

Programs requiring university level studies before admission
– 4- year program after 3-or 4-year Bachelor’s Degree (7-8 years in total)
Most medical faculties also require a MCAT exam and a personal interview. There is no pre- medicine specialization in Canada. Most students enter Medicine after completing a B.Sc. with humanities electives. An academic advisor will assist in the selection of subjects to be taken at the undergraduate level. Medicine is a very competitive program and only students with extremely high qualifications (approximately 9% of the applications) are accepted for the few seats that are available for international students.

Law – 3-year program after 2-3- or 4-years of a Bachelor’s Degree (5-8 years in total)
also requires a LSAT exam.

Dentistry – 4 year program after 30 university credits (2 years) (6 years in total)
There is no pre-dentistry program in Canada at the university level. Application would be made to the Bachelor of Science program. Some colleges offer a pre-dentistry general arts and science. The DAT exam is required and is written during the second year of university or college. Entry into dentistry is also very competitive.

Physiotherapy- varies by institution

Most require university level studies before entry. One or more years.

Make sure you check the entry requirements at the institutions and for the program you choose to be certain that you have met the minimum standards.

Transfer students
Your secondary school transcripts and your transcripts (grades) from your current institution will be reviewed. Advance standing on a full semester basis is only provided if the receiving university has a transfer agreement with your previous institution. This applies to Canadian institutions as well as international institutions.

In most cases, advanced standing is awarded by transferring credits on a subject-by-subject basis. Credits can be transferred if they match the subjects of the program at the receiving institution and if you have sufficient grades. Some electives are usually permitted. You will have to provide the syllabus, hours in the classroom and labs, and names of textbooks used from all the post-secondary courses you wish to have assessed for transfer.

Most universities require you to complete at least 60 higher-level credits (2 years) at their institution before you can earn their degree.

Given that there are numerous Canadian universities and colleges, it is important to obtain as much information as possible before making your choice. Some degree programs are limited to only a few institutions and some programs are widely available. Since you do not have to worry about the quality of the institutions in Canada, you may wish to use other criteria before selecting a few institutions that will meet all your needs.

You selection process starts with a few basic, but important, questions:

What institutions offer your program?

You will need a list of institutions, which offer your program. Use any of the following web sites:

For university degrees: - About Universities- Programs of Study
For Colleges or Universities
For Colleges or Universities
For Colleges or Universities

Would do you prefer a large institution or a small one?
Large and medium sized universities or colleges offer a broader range of programs and changing programs mid-stream may be easier.

Large universities or colleges are usually better known internationally. However, some smaller institutions may offer programs where they are leaders. These institutions are often recognized internationally in the field of their specialization.

In smaller institutions, you may get to know your professors and fellow students easier. Your environment is important to your success.

To search by size of the institution use:

In what part of the country do you want to live? Do you want a large city or a small one?
Since all institutions in Canada offer high quality education, where you live can be an important consideration for individual comfort and success.

For information about Canadian cities and regions use

You should be aware that Canada is very large – the second largest country in the world. As such, there are some regional differences in the weather. Here is a snapshot of Canada’s climate.

Canada’s Climate
Canada’s climate is characterized by its diversity, as temperature and precipitation differ from region to region and from season to season. While it is true that in the extreme north temperatures climb above for only a few months a year, most Canadians live within 300 kilometers of the country’s southern border, where mild springs, warm summers and pleasantly crisp autumns prevail at least seven months of the year. You should keep in mind that your body will adjust to the different climate and all buildings and transportation are heated for your comfort. Extreme temperatures are for short periods (a few days), otherwise, you can dress appropriately and enjoy the outdoors in all seasons.

The West Coast – British Columbia
The coast of British Columbia has the most temperate climate in Canada, thanks to warm, moist pacific Ocean airstreams. The province’s most populous cities, Vancouver and Victoria, enjoy comfortable and relatively dry summers and mild, wet winters. Snow seldom falls in low – lying areas, and when it does, it usually melts the same day.

The Prairies – Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba

The Canadian Prairies extend east from the Rocky Mountains to the Great Lakes. Here, cold winters and hot summers are the norm, with relatively light precipitation. Spring rains and dry autumn conditions have helped make the Prairies one of the top grain – growing areas of the world. Among the most remarkable features of the Alberta winter is the “Chinook,” a warm, usually dry winter wind that affects much of southern Alberta. The Chinook sweeps down from the Rocky Mountains and has been known to raise temperatures s much as in one hour.

Ontario and Quebec

Northern Ontario, Ottawa and Montreal experience weather similar to the Prairies. More than half the Canadian population lives close to the Great Lakes or along the St. Lawrence River. In southern Ontario, summers tend to be a little longer than elsewhere in Canada. Rainfall varies little year to year and is ample enough to sustain some of the best farming areas in Canada. Mean daily temperatures range from the mid-teens to mid-twenties from mid-June to mid-September, with weeklong heat waves in the 30s not uncommon. Warm, sunny days and crisp. Cool nights make the fall season popular.

Atlantic Canada – Newfoundland, Prince Edward island, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia

The climate of the provinces on the east coast is moderated by the Atlantic Ocean. The Atlantic Ocean is not as warm as the Pacific Ocean which makes the Atlantic provinces not as warm as British Columbia but it does not get quite as cold or as hot as the interior of Canada. Winters will experience both snow and rain and summers are pleasantly warm and rarely hot.

Do you want an institute that is a leader in a field of study?
We are often asked, what is the ranking of our universities or colleges or which institution is the best or a leader in a specific field of study? In many cases, there is no clear answer, as the standard of the institutions providing courses/programs in a particular area is high across Canada. In addition, in many areas, there are no objective surveys that can be relied on to choose a program at an institution. Having said this, there are universities in Canada that are known as “centers of excellences” in certain areas. You can look to see what they are doing at the graduate level or compare programs by looking at course selections in the third and fourth years. If only a few universities offer a program, they are all likely to be leaders. Finally, and to ease any concerns that you may have, at the undergraduate level, the quality of education is high and while an undergraduate student you will have more than ample time to determine which institutions in Canada are favored in a particular discipline for graduate studies. A Canadian Honours degree from any institution is recognized worldwide for graduate studies.

Is cost a factor in your decision?
Each province and institution sets tuition fees. Fees vary across the country. Generally the fees for institutions located in the smaller population areas of Canada are less expensive than the large population centres. A list of tuition fees across Canada is attached or available at:

More information on the cost is located in a section on financing your education.

Is the campus accommodation or facilities a factor in your decision?
You can investigate the type of housing available on the web sites of the institutions. Many campuses offer different recreational facilities, clubs and associations for sports and social activities. Many have varsity teams but not all institutions offer all sports. If you are a gifted athlete you should investigate the varsity sports programs offered at the institutions.

Comparison shop…
After you have shortened your list of institutions, you need to get specific information to choose the ones to which you will apply.

For links to all the Canadian Universities
For links to all the Canadian Community Colleges

You may wish to make a chart or a file on each institution and collect the following information:

Admission requirements
Language requirements for the institute
Academic requirements for the institute
Subject requirements for your program

Application Deadline
Fees – including
Tuition & International supplemental or differential fees
Accommodation – Residence
Medical Insurance
Miscellaneous Fees and Expenses
Transportation expenses

Application Procedures
On-line Application?
How do you get an application form?
Residence & Meal Plans
(On Campus) Types available
(Male, Female, Co-ed, Single Rooms, Double Rooms, Meal Plans, etc.)
(On-Campus) Application procedures
(Off-Campus) Housing office?
Scholarships available?
Application procedures?
Program information
Leader in a field?
Co-op program available to international students?
Other facilities
Sports facilities, clubs, etc.

You can select as many institutions as you wish, but most limit it to five or six. You may wish to select at least one institution or program where the admission would be less competitive. This could be at a smaller university, different programs within a university, at a university-college, or a college.

WHAT DOES IT COST? Tuition, scholarships, working in Canada, payment schedules…
Post secondary education is not free to Canadians. However, the government of Canada subsidizes tuition to keep the cost for Canadian at a level most can afford. International students do pay higher fees known as supplemental fees or differential fees. However, the cost of a Canadian education including tuition and living expenses for an international student is typically less expensive than other countries such as Australia, France, United Kingdom and United States.

Tuition is charged per semester or per course. Tuition is usually quoted on he basis of an academic year (2 semesters or 8 months). If you intend to stay on for a spring or summer semester, there will be extra costs for tuition and living expenses. The tuition fees are set by the Province and the institution and generally vary by location in Canada. The cost of tuition is not related to quality. All Canadian institutions offer high quality. A list of tuition fees for undergraduate programs at universities and community colleges in Canada per academic year is attached or can be found at tuition fees may be changed annually and up-to-date tuition fees can be found on the web sites of the institutions.

Tuition for Medicine or Dentistry, after the required undergraduate years, is significantly higher (approximately $25,000 per year).

Generally, monthly living expenses should be estimated at $1,000 Canadian (approx. US$630) for a single student. This would include books, meals, accommodation, transportation, medical insurance and a small amount of spending money. Cities such as Toronto and Vancouver are likely to be more expensive off-campus.

Are scholarships available?
Many Canadian institutions offer first year scholarships to exceptional foreign students. They are usually awarded on the basis of merit for a portion of the tuition for first year. There are a few full scholarships available for the duration of the studies. No application is usually required for first year scholarship. A few institutions have a scholarship section on their application forms.

Most first year scholarships are not renewable for the second year. However, some institutions do offer second year scholarships to international students. There are very few scholarships available to students residing in the Gulf States on the basis of financial need.

Once you have narrowed your choice of institutions, you can search their web sites to see if there are any scholarships available and if you need to formally apply. You can also search the following web sites regarding scholarships:

can I work and study?
Currently, a study permit allows you to work part-time on-campus only. The visa office does not consider work to be contributing to your ability to pay for your studies because you are not guaranteed to find a job. The money you will earn will be limited. You are permitted to work off campus when work experience is part of your studies (in a co-op program). You are permitted to work in Canada for one year after completion of your studies if you find a job related to the field of your studies and apply to extend your study permit.

When do I pay?
You pay an application fee when you submit your application to an institution. This is non- refundable. Tuition and other fees are usually payable at the beginning of each semester. The institutions will send instructions. If the invoice is sent and payable before you receive your study permit, the tuition and other fees are refundable if you do not receive your study permit. There may be a small administration fee charged for cancellation. You can open a bank account when you arrive and have the money transferred to you when your tuition is due or you or your parents can pay directly to the institution with a bank draft or credit card.

WHERE WILL I LIVE? Home-stay, On-Campus or Off-Campus…
It is recommended that students use a Home-stay during English or French Language training. This offers the opportunity to be immersed an English or French language environment.

It is recommended that undergraduate students stay on campus for the first year. The advantages are:
• You will not have to worry about looking for a place to live and furnishing it
• You will meet more people and make more friends
• You will have access to a number of services (laundry room, TV, telephone, computers)
• You will save on travel time and expenses to and from campus

Being accepted into the institution does not mean that you automatically have secured a residence. Sometimes you apply with your admission application and sometimes after you have been accepted. DO IT PROMPTLY.

You can also live off-campus. It is recommended that you try to live close to campus because often classes are several hours apart. Transportation costs will be higher if you have to make more than one trip in one day and the temptation will be to miss classes. Often students move off campus in the second year.

Most English Language institutions will place you in a home-stay that is appropriate for your needs. Canadians live in houses or apartments. In some cases you will have to share facilities such as bathrooms. Homes are kept clean and meals are healthy. Often both the husband and wife work outside the home.

The cost is generally between $500 CAD to $900 CAD per month for room and meals.

An application form will be provided with registration at an institution. You will be asked various questions to make sure that you are comfortable in the home where you are placed (i.e. do you like pets, do you like small children, do you have allergies, etc.) if you are having problems with the environment, you can ask to be moved.

Each institution has different types of on-campus accommodation. Some of the types available include male residences, female residences, co-ed residences (men and women are in the same building but separated by floors or by wings), single or double rooms (triple rooms are available but not common), apartment style with several bedrooms attached to a common living room and kitchen. Bathrooms are most often shared but are kept clean. Some residences have kitchen facilities and some do not. Some residences require students to purchase a meal plan where you receive a debit card to eat on campus and occasionally some cards can be used at off-campus restaurants. The costs of resident rooms and meal plans are on the web sites for each of the institutions.
Make sure you look for the application procedures for residence housing when you are researching the web sites of the institutions. You apply for residence either when you apply to the institution or after they have accepted you.

You can live in an apartment or house, alone or shared. There is usually a supply of housing within commuting distance from the campus. You can rent a room in a house or a separate apartment in a house. Some accommodation is furnished and some is not. Used furniture is advertised for sale in the newspaper, from auction houses, “garage sales” and “thrift” shops.

Some cities have a good supply of off-campus housing and some do not. Some cities are more expensive than others with conditions changing from time to time. The size and location of accommodation can impact on the costs dramatically. If you are renting student accommodation, the cost is generally very close to the cost of residence. The landlords often charge on a per student basis when a group of students are sharing a house.

You must calculate the costs including rent, heating, electricity (hydro), telephone, cable TV, transportation and food in the monthly expenses. The cost of heat in the sinter months can be quite high.

Most institutions have a housing office where available accommodation is posted. You can look on the bulletin boards on campus. You can look in the newspapers. You can hire a real estate agent for a rental or purchase.

The following offers a general guideline. The specific process for each institution will be outlined on their web sites. There may be differences between institutions but this will help give you an idea about the process.

When do I submit the applications?
Check the web sites of each institution for APPLICATION DEADLINES. A list of application deadlines for Canadian universities is attached or can be found at:

DO NOT WAIT UNTIL YOUR FINAL GRADES ARE RECEIVED. Submit the application and advise that grades will be sent when available. An application sent after the deadline may be considered if there is sufficient room in the program or it may be delayed until the next entry date (January or September of the next year).

How do I get application forms for universities or colleges?
You can apply on-line if the institution has an on-line application form. You can request an application form directly from the institution by e-mail, by fax or by mail (allow plenty of time).

If you have been unsuccessful with the other methods, you can send a request for up to 5 application forms from specified institutions with your mailing address by fax or e-mail to the Education Officer at the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi. 971-2 443-1211 or

How do I fill out application forms?
International students use the “Student Authorization/Visa” category. Canadian citizens living abroad can use the International Student application form but should indicate that they are a “Canadian Citizen” on the form. A landed immigrant or person who has landing papers and will land before classes start, uses the “Permanent Resident” category. The children in a family in the immigration process will fill out an international student application form as a “Student Authorization” and will attend as an international student until the family lands in Canada. Fees will be assessed as international students until the family lands or according to the regulations set by the Canadian institution. The student will apply to the institution for any adjustments in fees.

For Ontario, you can use the following:
For Ontario Universities:
For Ontario Colleges:

Read the instructions carefully. You can choose more than 3 universities or programs at a university. Photocopy the first page of the application and use it for your additional choices (two programs at one university are counted as two choices). You are charged $95 for 3 choices and $25 for each additional choice. After the application has been received at the OUAC, each university will contact you. This may take a month or more. Some universities have a more detailed application form that they will send to you and some will just request your grades (transcripts).

In completing the application forms, supply only what is requested. If information is requested about hobbies and interests, make sure that you describe yourself (i.e. sports, talents, leadership, special projects at school, home or in the community, etc.) there are no sports scholarships in Canada but varsity teams may play a role in selecting from the list of good students. Canadian institutions often look for students who will contribute more than just academic excellence. If there is an application for residence, make sure you fill it out and send it.

You may consider making a timeline chart to make sure all documents are sent at the appropriate times.

Do international transfer students have the same application form and deadlines as first year students?
The application form for international transfer students is usually the same one used by fires year entry students but you should verify this on the web site of the institution. You will be required to submit syllabus, hours of classes, and textbook lists for any subject you wish to be assessed for transfer credit. Some institutions request this immediately and some request the information when you have been accepted.

When will I get a response?….. Patience is a virtue…
Each institution has its own routine for assessing applications. Some have an early or rolling admission and accept students as they receive the application forms. Some wait until all the applications have been received and assess everyone at the same time. Generally, institutions using the second method will take longer in providing acceptances. If you do not have a letter of acceptance by June 30th for a September entry and you expect to get one, you can start the student authorization application process. However, if you do not get a letter of acceptance, there is no refund for the Visa processing fee.

What if more than one institution offers me admission?
If you get more than one offer, you will have to make a choice. Sometimes you are faced with a difficult decision. However, you can be assured, no matter where you go, you will receive a quality education.

What do I do when I decide to accept an offer?
You can accept the first offer you receive and then decide to accept another offer that has come later. You should advise the first institution that you have accepted another offer. If the institutions are in Ontario, when you accept the second institution, your first acceptance will be automatically cancelled and you cannot change back to the first institution once it has been cancelled. Please note, in Ontario, an acceptance of one does not automatically cancel all of the other applications you have submitted.

Letter of Acceptance – study Permit/Visa
As soon as you receive the first letter of acceptance or notification of acceptance by e-mail or by fax, apply for your study Permit. DO NOT DELAY.

You can arrange to be met at the airport, usually for a small fee. If your institution does not offer this service, you can arrange it through the Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE).

if you are starting in September, there will be activities arranged for new students to meet one another as well as an orientation to settle you in. if your parents intend to help settle you in, it is recommended you arrive the week before you are due on campus. Once you have moved into residence and orientation programs start, you will be very busy.

Many Canadian students do not attend college or university in their hometown so it may be difficult to tell the international student who is lost on campus from the Canadian! Canada is multicultural and no doubt you will meet other students from your country. You will not feel different.

Please note that Canadians eat breakfast upon rising; eat lunch around noon, and dinner between five and seven. Classes and activities are scheduled around these regular meal hours.

What do I wear?
In September, a light jacket would be required. Often students layer their clothing to adjust to the changing weather conditions. Students wear jeans, T-shirts and sweaters. Some professional programs require you to wear appropriate clothes to the business environment but usually this occurs in the upper years.

For more information about Canada:

How do I open a bank account?
Canada has a number of national banks with branches across the country. Canada’s banks are world class and very efficient. You can open a bank account when you arrive and money can be transferred on a regular basis. There are many ATM machines including ones on campus.

Can I drive and own a car?
You must have an international driving license in order to drive in Canada. You can also obtain a Canadian drivers license by taking driving lessons and a test in Canada. You can own a car but most students travel by public transport, which is safe, clean, economical and efficient. You should be aware that running your own vehicle may be expensive for repairs, insurance and gasoline. In addition, most institutions charge a fee to park on campus.

Will I be able to but my own kind of food?
Most Canadian institutions have a Muslim menu. Because Canada is multicultural, grocery stores offer a wide range of products. There are also specialty grocery stores. Larger cities will have a wide selection of restaurants specializing in food from many countries.

What about religious facilities?
People from all walks of life and all religions live in Canada. In many cities, there will be a mosque. During Ramadan, class hours will not be changed but there will be other Muslim students and faculty who will be fasting. It is common to see headscarves. Some institutions provide a prayer room.

What if I become ill?
You must have health insurance before you leave for Canada to cover you until you can obtain medical coverage in Canada. Canada has a world-class health care system. The institution you attend will provide you with information on how to obtain health insurance. Health insurance is very reasonable in cost. It will cover most costs of required medical care. Most universities and colleges have clinics on campus.

Are there student support services?
There are academic advisors on campus that will help you choose subjects to meet your academic goals. There are counselors on campus to help if you are having difficulties adjusting or any other concerns. You should seek help rather than wait until a small problem becomes a big one. Many institutions have an International Student Advisor who is dedicated to helping international students. Many institutions arrange for international students to stay with Canadian families during holiday periods if the student cannot go home to be with their family.

What about sports?
Canadian colleges and universities have a broad range of sports facilities, which provide for a healthy lifestyle and a venue for sports competition. There are tennis and squash courts, athletic fields, pools, fitness rooms and gymnasiums at Canadian institution. There are teams and social sporting activities for every level of participation.

What about other activities and a social life?
There are student travel opportunities and student exchanges with many universities worldwide. The students’ council arranges numerous activities throughout the year. There are social clubs and various other clubs. Many universities have student union buildings with restaurants and gathering places. There is lots of choice, but the challenge will be balancing social activities with study requirements to succeed!

Canadian universities are working on leading edge research in many different fields, often in co-operation with other leading institutions in the world. Professional development is available at both universities and colleges in Canada.

What is the Canadian graduate degree system like?
Graduate studies at universities in Canada usually combine compulsory courses with research work and a thesis, although there are some Master’s programs which are strictly course based and some that are entirely thesis based. The programs vary in length from one year up to six years to complete a research study. In some cases, a Ph.D. can be combined with a Master’s Degree at the discretion of the university.

Where should I study? Finding the institution offering the program for you…
Search the following databases for Graduate Studies:
Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada
Graduate Business and Management programs
Graduate Computer Science and Engineering programs

Where will I find short courses for professional development?
Professional development programs would be listed either through the Graduate Business Departments under Executive Development or under their Continuing Education Departments for programs in other specializations. There is no database for this kind of search. However, if you search the larger institutions in the major cities in Canada, you will find a wide selection of programs. Courses in very specialized professions may also be found by contacting the Canadian professional association in your field.

What are the entry requirements?
Each university sets its own admission requirements and you should check the web sites of the universities under Graduate Studies Admissions. The following is a general guideline:

For English language universities, Language Proficiency: TOEFL 550 (213), 580 (237) or 600 (250) depending on the institution or IELTS 6.5 or 7.0. for French language universities, testing id done in Canada.

A Master’s degree generally requires an undergraduate degree from a recognized university with a 3.0 minimum grade point average (GPA). A Ph.D. requires a Master’s Degree from a recognized university. It is entirely up to the Canadian institution to determine if your first degree or second degree is acceptable for admission.

For Post-Graduate Medicine, a Medical Diploma from a recognized university, and results from the Canadian Medical Evaluating Exam (CMEE) are required before an application can be made. Information about the CMEE is available on the web site of the medical Council of Canada

Most MBA program require a GMAT and some work experience. Some Engineering programs require a GRE.

What does it cost?
Tuition for graduate studies varies significantly by institution and by program. Some graduate studies can be quite affordable because the institute receives research grants. Some institutions do not charge higher tuition for international students at the graduate level. There are some full scholarships available for graduate studies, including living costs. Graduate students are often used as teaching assistants. Programs that have higher tuition are usually MBA programs or post-graduate professional programs such as medicine or dentistry.

Where will I live?
Many institutions have residences for graduate students, including apartment style residences for married students with families. There is usually a housing office on-campus where you can find appropriate accommodation off-campus or you can use local real estate agents to but or rent apartments or houses.

How do I apply? Very important application advice…
The web sites of each of the institutions will have instructions for applying including application deadlines, application procedures, etc. Make sure you look under “Graduate Studies” as application procedures and deadlines are often different than for undergraduate programs. If the answer to your question is on the Internet, it is unlikely that the university will respond to your question. Some institutions have on-line application forms. You can usually request an application package either on line, by fax or by mail.

Some universities will send graduate application forms to everyone and others are selective in sending out application packages. You will need to write the appropriate letter of request. Do not attach a CV to an E-mail, unless you have been instructed to do so.

Make sure that you address the request to Graduate Studies, Faculty of…
It is occasionally worthwhile to have the address of the actual person in charge of the program or in charge of graduate studies applications. In the letter of request include some information about yourself such as:
• Where you studied previously, your Grade Point Average (GPA) and TOEFL Score (if your Bachelor’s Degree was in a foreign language);
• Your work experience, if any;
• Your research area of interest;
• Why you have chosen their institution.

Study Permit (or Employment Permit for Medical Doctors)
When you have your letter of acceptance, apply for your Study Permit or in the case of post-graduate medicine an employment permit. DO NOT DELAY.

Canada welcomes international students who want to attend primary or secondary schools in Canada. The following also contains information for immigrants or returning citizens.

Primary and secondary schools system
Canada is rated in the top 5 in the world in standardized testing (OCED testing results for 30 developed nations). Canadian schools are all wired to the Internet and communicate with each other and the world through an official Canadian educational web site.

While responsibility for education is a provincial matter, the Council of Ministers of Education helps to maintain similar standards across Canada. For more information about the Canadian education system and a list of the ministries of education for each province in Canada, contact the web site A school board administers schools in each area. The school boards are listed on he web sites of the Ministry of Education for each province.

The school year runs from September to June. Secondary schools are usually divided into two semesters with different courses in each semester.

The systems may vary slightly between provinces. Primary schools start in either pre-Kindergarten at age 4 or Kindergarten at age 5. Elementary or Primary schools cover Grades 1-6 in Quebec and Grades 1-8 elsewhere in Canada. Secondary schools cover Grades 7-11 in Quebec and Grades 9 to 12 elsewhere. Sometimes there are also divisions for junior high schools. Quebec completes secondary school in Grade 11 and offers College (CEGEP) for 2 years of a general arts and science program for entry into university either into first or second year. CEGEP is not free to Canadians.

Where will I attend? Where will I live? Choosing a School…
Public schools are government funded and private schools receive no government funding.
Public schools are government funded and private schools receive no government funding.

Public Schools
Some public school boards welcome international students and will arrange for room and board with a Canadian family. Public schools are safe and maintain high standards.
For public school boards admitting international students.

Generally, the children of Canadian citizens or permanent residents attend the school in the neighborhood where they live. When you are choosing your house or apartment, you can visit the schools or request information from the real estate agent. If you know where you will be living, you can contact the appropriate School Board. School boards are listed on the Ministry of Education web sites.

Private Schools
There are a number of excellent private primary and secondary schools in Canada. Some have boarding facilities and some will arrange home-stay accommodation. All private schools use the curriculum of the province in which they are located. Some have special attributes such as an enhanced program, religious disciplines, the International Baccalaureate program, etc. there are private schools that specialize in bridging programs between “O” levels and Canadian high school graduation.

Some private schools belong to the Canadian Association of Independent Schools, which has an inspection process for quality.

For more private schools in Canada:
For lists by Province:

What do I need? Entry requirements…
At the primary level, the student will be tested when they arrive and placed at the appropriate level usually in accordance with their age (rarely higher or lower more than one year). At the Secondary level (generally grades 9 to 12), most schools in Canada are on a semester system. It is recommended that the syllabus for each subject, which you have completed in your last year, be provided. Previous grade reports will be required and a Transfer Certificate if available.

What does it cost?
Canada’s public education at the primary and secondary level is free to Canadians and permanent residents. Public schools charge international students a tuition fee. Private schools in Canada charge the same fees to Canadians as international students. Tuition for international students at public schools is from $5,500 CAD to $16,000 CAD and home-stays cost from $600 CAD to $800 CAD per month. The cost of private schools is from $15,000 CAD to $34,000 CAD including tuition and residence with meals or home-stay.

How do I apply? For international students only.
You can apply on-line or get an application form from the schools or school boards you have selected. The Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi may have a limited supply of application forms for private schools and public school boards. With your request for application forms, be sure to provide as much information as you can, such as private or public school, boys, girls or co-ed school, location, price range, etc. See contact information on the back cover.

Follow the instructions on the Application Form. Send the application before the deadline. A Letter of Acceptance will be issued when you have been accepted into the school.

Study Permit
Apply for a study permit as soon as you receive your Letter of Acceptance or notification that you have been accepted. DO NOT DELAY.

Canada has a long history of providing English or French as a second language.

What is the Canadian system for language programs like?
Specialized programs are offered such as language studies for academic preparation, for business, for the tourism industry, for technology, for language teachers, etc.

Many of Canada’s language institutes also offer summer programs for adults (over 18) that combine language instruction and various activities. Summer language programs last from 4 to 8 weeks. There are also summer English language camps for children (under 18)

There are programs that run for I month and you can start at the beginning of any month or there are full semester programs that run for 3 months. You can combine programs for longer duration.

The institutes are either a division of the post-secondary institution in Canada or they are private language institutes. Some post-secondary institutes have their own admission tests set by their own language centres or you can write a TOEFL test or a Canadian test. Institutions offer every level from beginner to advanced or only intermediate and above.

If you are in a Gulf country on a visit visa or resident’s permit and you would like to take English language in Canada in order to continue your studies in Canada, it is recommended that you have a conditional admission to a Canadian university or college program in addition to your acceptance to the English language program.

Where should I study?
There are hundreds of quality language institutes across Canada. You may wish to do your English language preparation in the institution where you would like to continue your studies.
For institutes which are government-funded:
For private language institutes:

You can select summer English camps for children from the following web sites: or search Canada Summer Camps - private schools offering summer camps

How much does it cost?
Tuition for English or French language training ranges from $515 to $1,900 per month depending on the number of hours of instruction per week. Home-stays range from $500 to $1000 per month. Larger cities are often more expensive than smaller ones.

How do I apply?
The application forms are very simple to complete. You can apply on-line or request an application form from the institution. The Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi will also mail application forms to you if you state the place you wish to go (i.e. institution or city or province).

Study Permit
See the section under study Permit for the requirements and exemptions.

What is the Canadian distance education system like?
Canadian institutions have a long history of delivering distance education. Canada is a leader in the field of distance education technologies and techniques. Distance Education from Canadian government funded institutions must meet the same high standards as classroom work. Deadlines for assignments are strictly enforced and authorized persons invigilate examinations. Distance education is available for graduate studies (Master’s and Ph.D.), undergraduate studies (Bachelor’s degrees and diplomas) primary and secondary schoo.

What are the admission requirements?
Distance education requires the same admission requirements as the program would if it were offered on-campus. A high degree of competency and self-motivation is required to complete a Canadian distance education program.

What does it cost?
The institutions and provinces set tuition fees. Costs will be listed on the web sites.

What institution should I choose?
It is important when researching for distance education to make sure that it is available to international students. Some institutions and some programs require the student to be resident in Canada or North America. Some programs may require a semester or short studies in Canada.

A group of government-funded Canadian institutions have formed the Canadian Virtual University. These institutions offer a wide variety of programs and courses.
Canadian Virtual University

At the time of printing this brochure, the following universities offer on-line MBA Degree programs to international students:
Athabasca University
Royal Roads University

Primary and Secondary Studies
While many provinces may offer primary and secondary school by distance education, you must check if it is available to international students or only to Canadian citizens. Greater Vancouver Distance Education School offers Kindergarten to Grade 12 by distance education to international students.

How do I apply?
Application procedures and application forms should be available on-line.

Study Permit and Visit Visa
If your program requires a visit to Canada, study permit and temporary resident visa (TRV) regulations would apply.
Other distance Education Web sites:

(Formerly student Authorization and Visit Visa)

What is a study permit?
All persons wishing to study in Canada must apply for and obtain a Study Permit before arriving in Canada. This includes US citizens, US green card holders, EU citizens, etc.

If you are going to Canada for any studies for less than 6 months, you will only need a TRV (Visit Visa) if you are from a country requiring a TRV. If you anticipate continuing your studies for more than 6 months, it is recommended that you obtain a study permit before you leave for Canada. A study permit cannot be obtained from inside Canada.

Once you have a letter of acceptance or have been notified that you have been accepted to a Canadian institution you should apply for your Study Permit at the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi or if you reside in Saudi Arabia, at the Canadian Embassy in Riyadh. The Visa Office will issue a letter stating that you have been granted permission to obtain a Study Permit. You will present this letter together with your Letter of Acceptance to the Visa Officer at the airport or entry point to Canada. It is advisable to also have copies of the other documentation you submitted with your application in case you are asked for more information. The Visa Officer in Canada will issue the actual document called a “Study Permit”. This should be kept with your passport at all times. It is recommended that you take two photocopies of the Study Permit and your passport (one to keep in Canada and one to keep in your home outside Canada) just in case you lose your original documents. It will be easier to replace them if you have a copy.

A study permit is usually given for the duration of your studies but is sometimes given on a year-to-year basis. If you have completed one part of your studies and will be continuing, you can extend you study permit from within Canada. You can get the application from the International Student Services Office at your educational institution in Canada. You should apply at least two months before you study permit is due to expire. Your study permit should always be valid while you are studying in Canada.

What is a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV)?
A single entry TRV permits you to enter Canada once and a multiple entry TRV permits you to leave and re-enter Canada many times. If you are from a country requiring a TRV to enter Canada, you will receive a TRV in your passport automatically with your study Permit approval letter. You do not have to make a separate application and there is no extra fee.

A multiple entry TRV is usually granted for the duration of the Study Permit or for the duration of your passport whichever expires sooner. If your TRV expires while you are in Canada, the next time you leave Canada (including visiting the USA) you will need to apply for a new TRV. You must be outside Canada to apply for a new TRV. Do not wait until the last minute to get a new TRV. Check the expiry date to be prepared. You will need a copy of your study permit and a letter from your institution stating that you are eligible to continue your studies.

What is a CAQ?
If you will be studying at an institute located in Quebec, you must apply for a Certificate d’Acceptance du Quebec (CAQ) in addition to the Study Permit. The institute in Quebec will send you the application form with your Letter of Acceptance. This form is not available from the Abu Dhabi or Riyadh Visa Section. Read and follow the instructions. You will send it directly to the Quebec Immigration authorities with the appropriate documentation and fee. At the same time, you should apply for your study Permit at the Vida Section in Abu Dhabi or Riyadh. Do not wait to receive your CAQ before applying for your Study Permit. Quebec Immigration will notify the Visa Section in Abu Dhabi or Riyadh when you have been approved in Quebec.

Can I apply for a study permit while I am on a Visit Visa to Gulf country?
Yes, you can apply for a study permit from anywhere outside Canada but generally it is recommended that you apply in the jurisdiction where you sponsors (parents) are located. In some cases, parents are working in the Gulf while students are resident in their home countries. If your sponsors (parents) are in your home country then it is recommended that you apply there.

When should I apply? How long does it take? Do I have to submit the application in person?
You should apply for your study permit as soon as you receive your first Letter of Acceptance even if it is not from the institution you expect to attend. If you change the institution after you have received your visa, you will show the new letter when you enter Canada and the study permit will then be issued based on the actual institution you will be attending.

The Visa Section is very busy in the summer and in December when many students get their Letters of Acceptance so the earlier you can submit your application, the faster it will be processed. If you are late receiving a Letter of Acceptance and have an e-mail or fax notifying you that you have been accepted you can apply for your Study Permit.

The Visa Section does not answer questions with regard to the processing time. They will make every effort to get you to Canada on time. If your application has been at the Visa Section for more than 5 weeks, you can fax a polite request to check on the status. Your application may be missing documents that they wish you to submit which could cause the process to be slower. The processing time can vary from 2 days to 2 months. Other than immigration staff, employees of the Embassies in the Gulf cannot assist with any Study Permit application once it has been submitted. All information is kept confidential.

You do not have to submit the documents in person but you should be available for an interview should the immigration officer request one. All correspondence will be forwarded by regular mail unless you prepay the courier fee and provide the prepaid courier slip.

Do I need a medical exam?
If you have resided in OMAN, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES, QATAR< JORDAN or LEBANON for more than six months in the year prior to submitting your application for a student authorization, you do not need a medical. Students from BAHRAIN, SAUDI ARABIA, KUWAIT and YEMEN and some other countries outside the GCC are required to have a medical examination by a doctor authorized by the Canadian government to do the medical. You will receive a medical form and a list of authorized doctors in your country after you have applied for your study permit. You can request the medical form to be sent immediately or you can wait until your application has been reviewed. If you request the medical form immediately, there will be no refund if you are refused a student authorization for any reason.

What documents do I need for the Study Permit application?
All of the documents are listed on the Checklist attached or the Checklist is available at

You may use a photocopy of the application form. The application form you complete requires an original signature and do not forget to date it. Another common error is omitting the contact telephone on the first page. This is important because the Visa Section may request additional documentation. They will need to be able to contact you. You may also want to include a fax number. Present occupation is usually “student”. Box 6 is either Citizen or Resident or Visitor. A resident or visitor would complete (b) with the expiry of the “resident or visit visa”. Box 10 is normally the Tuition for one academic year at your institution (2 semesters or 8 months), the Room and Board is for a 12 month period ($10,000 for a single person) and Other ($2,000 or $3,000). Box 11 is the total of Section 10 (i.e. per academic year). If you are married, add $4,000- $6,000 per year for a spouse and $3,000 - $4,000 for each child you are taking with you under the Room and Board section and include them on the first page of the application. Make sure you complete the Supplemental Form, which contains the names, dates of birth, etc. for each family member (mother, father, brothers, sisters) who will NOT be staying with you in Canada. The form states “accompanying” but this does not mean going to Canada to help you settle in. if your family will be leaving Canada after settling you in, they should be included on the Supplemental Form and not on the first page of the Application form. If you are not living in your home country, then you also need to complete the bottom of the Supplemental Form as well.

You must satisfy the visa officer that you have sufficient financial resources on a year-to-year basis to pay for your tuition fees as well as living expenses for yourself, without the need to engage in employment. For most undergraduate students, parents will be supporting their studies. The documentation required to show financial resources will include a letter of employment showing the salary of the person or persons supporting you and at least 6 months of bank statements or proof of savings. Historical documentation is preferred. A letter is also required stating tat your sponsor (parents) will take full financial responsibility for you during your studies in Canada.

Submit photocopies of your Letter of Acceptance and most recent transcripts. Originals are not required for the application but should be available to show at the entry point in Canada.

If there is anything unusual about your application (i.e.a sponsor other than your parents, a break in your education after secondary school, etc.), attach a letter of explanation.

What if my family wants to go with me to settle me in?
If your family is going to Canada and will be leaving once they settle you in and if they are from a country that requires a TRV, they should complete a separate TRV application form and supply the necessary application fees and documentation.

What documents do I need if I am studying post-graduate medicine?
Post-graduate medicine requires an Employment Permit rather than a Study Permit. You can get the application form by sending a fax with your name and address and/or fax number to 00971-2-407-1398 or 009661 488-1361. As soon as you have received your Letter of Acceptance for a post-graduate medical training position, you should apply for the Employment Permit. DO NOT DELAY.

Your institution will provide you with a letter from Human Resource & Development Canada stating that you are being employed in accordance with their regulations. Your entire family going with you will be required to have a medical examination by a doctor authorized to perform the medical examinations on behalf of the Canadian government. You will receive the medical forms and a list of authorized doctors in your area once you have applied for your employment Permit.

What do I do if my application has been rejected?
If you have been rejected for a Study Permit or TRV, your letter will state the reason. If you can provide new additional information that you did not supply in the first application, you should reapply. You will be required to submit a copy of the rejection letter, submit the new documentation or information and pay the fee again. The Visa Officer may review new information favourably. If you do not have any new information or documentation to submit, little purpose will be served by reapplying.

Do I need health care coverage?
Do not go to Canada without health care coverage. Once you have established yourself in Canada, coverage will be available from private insurance companies through your institution or under the government programs.

Can I work and study in Canada?
Full-time students registered in degree or diploma granting courses are allowed to word on the campus of the institution at which they are registered. Employment Permits are not required. If you are in a co-operative (co-op) program where work experience is a required part of your program of study, your institution will provide you with the employment permit to permit you to work off-campus during your work experience term. Spouses are permitted to work off-campus, full time but require an employment permit, which can be obtained in Canada. Once you have completed your post-secondary program, you can extend your Study Permit for up to one year if you find a job in the field of your studies. New regulations are proposed allowing students to work up to 20 hours per week part-time off-campus and during summers in Canada but at the time of this printing, the new regulations have not been finalized.

Can I study and live in Canada?
The study Permit is issued only on the basis of a temporary stay in Canada to study. Once you have completed your post-secondary studies and obtained some work experience, you may by eligible for an employment permit if you are working in a field where there is a shortage of Canadians or you may apply for immigration to Canada. In General, however, it is expected that you will return to your country of origin or prior residence. Canada accepts approximately 200,000 new immigrants each year mostly on the basis of post-secondary education and work experience. Whatever career you choose and wherever you live, your Canadian degree, diploma or certificate will be recognized worldwide.

© Cmacademic  1